Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When you have the gift, use it!

Today I accidentally opened my own story "The Legend of Cepheus", and I felt like reading the last episode after I found that there were some new comments to it. So I did and I was thrilled. Honestly speaking, I never looked back at the story after I penned it and even after the comments and reviews from its followers and my friends. But when I did today, I went back into the imagination that drove me wild in writing that bloody, gory last battle, the adrenaline involved, the emotional content before the very end and I was living it again. I mean, I know I am not a great and seasoned writer but I should honestly say, probably, I enjoyed the story the same way as its readers did! That really made me rethink about the writing skills that I have but not so well employed these days. I got the gift I believe. I got the imagination it takes to produce such pieces of art. I should put them to test. Shouldn't I?

What use when you cannot use the god given gifts. God gave me the voice. God gave me the dexterity. God gave me the brains. Its my turn now, to make full use of them.

Engage the gift. Reap the fruits.

No comments: