Saturday, March 04, 2006

Modern Saint?

Well, I think, a saint is a person who is considered holi & respected as he's sacred. A Saint transforms holiness in him to the people around through his wise preachings and holi virtues & thoughts!

Then what makes me a saint? I sing Annamacharya songs, songs which are considered to be divine enchanted spells that give ultimate pleasure of feeling god. Feeling god in you, around you and in every part of life. So does singing those songs make me a saint? Never. But when I sing, I try to bless the same sublime feeling of divinity & manifestation of god which I experience when I sing those songs to my audience. So I call myself a Saint for this reason though it may not be apt or for that matter of fact, I don't deserve such a great addressing.

I value our customs, our traditions and principles, bow to some superstitions. But, I look like a guy of modern era to the people around me. I speak fashionable things. I make fun to be amiable. I dress modern. I tend to have a build of a model! An aggressive, nXt generation sort of guy. So I think I am modern. ;)

From outside, I am Modern B-)
But from inside, I am Saint like :) (at times)

Yes. I am THE MODERN SAINT.

3 comments:

The Ephemeral Ivy said...

"saint" to me is to be of forgiving and loving nature...i dont think it has anything to do with religion.From ur concept of saint,an atheist can never be called as a saint,to which i donot agree.

Unknown said...

well.. I never emphasized about religion anywhere :) moreover, I dint bind the definition of a saint with the existance of god ;)

Anonymous said...

thats interesting :)