Saturday, January 30, 2010

I want "TIGERS" to live.

Why are tigers killed? Some idiots make medicines out of their bones. And some egomaniacs wear their skin as a fashion statement or whatever. Result - this day there are only about 1411 tigers left in India. Yes, its the same ill-fated beautiful national animal of India. Irony!
Tiger poaching is not something new. Man's killer instincts have been showing up on a variety of creatures for a long time now - Elephants, Tigers, Koalas and the list goes on. You may consider including humans to the list. No wonder!

What really worries me is that, in less than half a decade, the Tiger population in India has come down to half. And I only hope that we do not see a day when Steven Spielberg makes another movie called "The Lost World - Sunderban Park".

I am no god. I cannot save a Tiger. Neither can I bring one back to life, from its bones or skin. But I can feel for it. Blog about it. Speak about it. And I can urge everyone of you to pass on this information, make people around you aware of this loss, publish articles, post blogs, discuss with friends, and spread consciousness like a wild fire. Who knows, it may save a tiger someday, somewhere!

2 comments:

The Pattern Observer said...

Hmmm.. gotcha... alright! I won't kill one and pass on this link itself instead of writing a new thing once again.. sensible post by the way ;-).

Kamal Bhatt said...

About saving this ... saving that ... Problem is guys who are actually executing this are doing it so that their family get atleast one meal a day ... and guys who are making these things happen are fully aware of the situation but "Wont Understand" ....


-Kamal Bhatt